If you have a passion for health and wellness in addition to a joy for running or biking, then joining this group may be for you. Wellness Warriors train together and raise funds for various causes within U of U Health. Give to a Wellness Warrior and Support the cause.
Wellness Ambassador Role and Responsibilities
- Be a role model for other employees by actively working to improve personal health.
- Participate in at least two wellness programs offered by WIH each semester.
- Promote wellness programs within your work environment and encourage your co-workers to participate.
- Participate in quarterly meetings with WIH and other wellness professionals to learn about and discuss current program offerings, provide input and offer feedback about the program’s value and impact on employee wellbeing.
- Share your story with WIH.
WIH Role and Responsibilities
- Offer a variety of programs and resources to support employees in their wellness goals.
- Provide appropriate communication about employee wellness programs and opportunities with Ambassadors.
- Create a safe environment for Ambassadors to provide constructive input and feedback about wellness initiatives.
- Collaborate with health and wellness experts to offer training and resources for Ambassadors to help motivate and engage co-workers to make healthy choices.
- Reach out to department supervisors to inform them of wellness initiatives and encourage their support for their employees.