The Office of Wellness & Integrative Health (WIH) launched its ambassadorship program in the Fall of 2018 to encourage and equip employees with a passion for living well and worksite wellness. It is through this program that wellness initiatives are spread effecting a culture of wellness shift throughout campus.
WIH Ambassadors are invited to quarterly meetings during which new wellness programs are vetted and launched. Meetings highlight programming from various wellness domains including mindfulness, resilience, healthy eating, reducing sedentary time and promoting physical activity, all of which are readily brought back to your working teams and offices. Additionally, WIH Ambassador meetings incorporate opportunities to collaborate and network with like-minded individuals to learn what types of wellness initiatives are working for others.
NEXT MEETING INFO
Please plan to join us as we launch into an exciting year of new wellness opportunities! Mark your calendars for Tuesday, September 29th 9-10:30A.
Become an Ambassador
Your role will include quarterly meetings, lasting 60-90 minutes, plus whatever additional time you will need to communicate and launch wellness initiatives within your department. Please be sure to discuss this time commitment with your supervisor before participating.
Please join us! If you're ready, you can start by filling out the form below.
Wellness Ambassador Role and Responsibilities
- Be a role model for other employees by actively working to improve personal health.
- Participate in at least two wellness programs offered by WIH each semester.
- Promote wellness programs within your work environment and encourage your co-workers to participate.
- Participate in quarterly meetings with WIH and other wellness professionals to learn about and discuss current program offerings, provide input and offer feedback about the program’s value and impact on employee wellbeing.
- Share your story with WIH.
WIH Role and Responsibilities
- Offer a variety of programs and resources to support employees in their wellness goals.
- Provide appropriate communication about employee wellness programs and opportunities with Ambassadors.
- Create a safe environment for Ambassadors to provide constructive input and feedback about wellness initiatives.
- Collaborate with health and wellness experts to offer training and resources for Ambassadors to help motivate and engage co-workers to make healthy choices.
- Reach out to department supervisors to inform them of wellness initiatives and encourage their support for their employees.